Learning how to play basketball is learning its fundamentals well. Here are those: Basketball Terms
1. Dribblin – is important to penetrate to the hoop, move the ball across the court, get away from the defense, and find a perfect passing lane. There are different types of dribbles:
. crossover dribble,
. behind the back,
. pull back dribble,
. low dribble,
. basic dribble,
. between the legs dribble
2. Passing – A perfect offensive attack requires great passing from players. This helps find an open person, to find a good shooter or to get away from a defender. There are several types of passes you need to learn well:
. Overhead Pass
. Chest Pass
. Push Pass
. Baseball Pass
. Off-the-Dribble Pass
. Bounce Pass
3. Shooting – The object of the game is to win by scoring the most points. Therefore, improving the team’s shooting is important to win a game. There are several ways to score in the game controlling:
. Jump Shot
. Alley oop
. Free throw
. Three-Point Shot
. Hook Shot
4. Rebounding – is essential to gain or regain control after the shot. Usually, the team who has the most number of rebounds after the game has more shot attempts and probability to score.
5. Offense – is the only chance that the team has a shot at the basket and scoring. Playing a perfect offense requires coordination among players and individual skill to execute precise plays.
6. Defense – To be able to get a chance to score and gain possession, the team should play good defense and try to stop their opponent from scoring. As said, “A good defense is a perfect offense.”
7. Moves – There are different kinds of basketball moves that are important in executing both a perfect offense and a perfect defense. Moves are helpful in finding an open man, make a perfect shot or create an amazing play.
8. Violations – Knowing the kinds of basketball violations improves your game well. www.TheGameofBasketball.org
9. Assist – is given to a teammate to help him score easily. Thus is it important to find an open man on the court
10. Foul – is often an accidental contact made by the defender to his opponent or an aggressive move by the ball-handler towards his defender precise. However, a foul is also used as a strategy to stop the clock or to keep the shooting player from scoring easily. Learning how to use your fouls carefully is important in the game.
Be a constant irritation because this will affect ball handling. You must also be mindful that you don’t always have to be standing next to your opponent. Just be close enough so as to worry him all the time and distract him asy.
Want to learn more about the sport of Basketball- examine here at the web’s best and simple as abc to read Website. www.TheGameofBasketball.org
Also Interested in Basketball Slang terms? check out right here Basketball Terms
Want to learn more about tips and tricks of Basketball- check out here at the web’s most excellent and basic to looked over Website. www.TheGameofBasketball.org
Also Interested in Basketball Slang terms? check out right here Basketball Terms and tips