A wedding ceremony is full of different types of rituals. There are so many rituals that; make the wedding enjoyable and memorable. If anyone wants the marriage portal for divorcees then they can take help from matrimonial sites.
Some of the pre and post-wedding rituals that; takes places in a Sikh wedding are mentioned below:
- Rokka: This is the first pre-wedding ritual in which both the families meet each other, girl and boy meet each and fix the marriage and other wedding ceremonies. This is a ritual in which a get together of families is done. This ritual is followed by the shagun ritual.
- Shagun: This is a ritual in which both the bride and groom are showered with gifts, money, accessories, dresses, jewelry by their mother in law. Giving up of so many gifts and dresses make this ceremony a Shagun ceremony. This ritual is also known as pre-engagement ritual.
- Engagement: This is a ritual in which both the bride and groom exchange the rings. This is ritual which tells that; soon the couple that exchanged rings are going to be husband and wife. This is also a common ritual of wedding ceremonies.
- Mehndi/ Sangeet: This is a ritual in which both the bride and groom are applied with Mehndi on their hands. On the other side, all the family members, friends, and relatives of the bride and groom enjoy by dancing and singing. This is a ritual that; is full of fun and enjoyment.
- Jaggo: This is a ritual that; takes place at a Sikh wedding only. In this ritual, all the female and male members of the house day boliyan and dance. In this ritual, oil is collected in the pot carried on the head. This is also a ritual that; is full of fun and enjoyment.
- Haldi: This ceremony is also known by the name of Vatna ceremony. In this ritual, both the bride and groom are applied Haldi on their body and faces. After, that they are taken for the bath. This ritual is followed by Anand Karaj. In this part of the wedding, both the bride and groom take 3 Lavan of Guru Granth Sahib in gurudwara.
If a divorced girl looking for marriage then she can take help from divorce matrimonial sites to find a perfect groom according to her choices.
- Viddai: This is a ritual, in which the bride is sent to the groom’s house in a well-decorated car. A tearful goodbye is given to the bride by her family member, friends, and relatives. This ritual is followed by the welcoming ritual.
- Welcoming: This is a ritual in which the bride is welcomed to the groom’s house by her mother in law. The mother in law of the bride puts oil on the corners of the house to welcome the bride.
- Reception: This is an after wedding party that is given by the groom’s family. These are the rituals that; take place at a Punjabi wedding.